GK 1 N Block Market
GK N Block market is a neighbourhood market in an affluent area of Delhi called Greater Kailash 1 or G.K. 1 for short. It has upscale shops and restaurants for your shopping needs. It is worth a short stop if you have a over two days in Delhi
Greater Kailash I, N Block Market – Delhi
N-142, Nandi Vithi Rd, N Block, Greater Kailash I, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048
Opens from Wednesday to Monday
Closed on Tuesday
Opens at 10 am
Closes at 12 am Midnight
Nearest Metro Station is Kailash Colony Metro Station on the Violet line.
How to get to GK N Block Market?
Greater Kailash I, N Block Market is located in South Delhi. The nearest metro station is Kailash Colony Metro Station which is at 1.2 Km distance from the market. Market is located at a 15 minutes walking distance from the metro station. You can also take an auto rickshaw from the metro station to get to the market.
Distance to the market from Indira Gandhi International Airport is around 15 KM via NH 48.
From the New Delhi Railway Station is around 11.5 KM via Lala Lajpat Rai Rd.
From Nizamuddin Railway Station is around 7 KM via Lala Lajpat Rai Rd.
From Kashmeeri Gate bus stand is around 16 KM via Lala Lajpat Rai Rd and NH 44.
Why go to Greater Kailash I Market?
Away from the hustle bustle of the city lies Greater Kailash I, N Block Market in South Delhi. It is a very popular market. The Greater Kailash neighborhood is called GK by locals. In GK-I, N Block Market, there are a variety of high end retail shops selling ethnic Indian wear, Juttis (Belly), Cafes, Book stores, Jewellery shops and lots more. It’s a good place to just hang out and have a quiet time in Delhi. This market is towards the expensive side as compared to other markets.
What should you buy from GK N Block market ?
There are many retailers selling ethnic Indian wear ranging from bridal Lehengas to Kurti sets. You will also find boutiques which are popular for their trendy and unique collection.
- Ravi Bajaj’s Store – This store offers a wide variety of men’s clothing. The specialty of this is that it allows you to buy the customized clothes.
- Zuri – If you want to buy some Indian Kurtis and Salwar Suits, you must visit this store as it has a wide collection of Ethnic wears.
- Archana Complex – You must visit this outlet if you are looking for pretty bridal Lehengas and Sarees.
- Fab India – This store offers you a wide range of Hand woven and Hand printed garments.
- Kilol – It is well known for offering traditional designs in Hand Block and prints.
- Anokhi – You can visit this store to buy Ethnic Indian wear.
Organic Cosmetic products
Here you will find some vendors offering you Natural beauty products at GK N Block market.
- Forest Essentials – This is an authentic, traditional Skin care brand selling you a wide range of cosmetics and wellness products like Cosmetics, perfumes, grooming products etc. It claims to provide you 100% Ayurvedic, non toxic, paraben free products with synthetic fragrance.
- Kama Ayurveda – It was founded in Delhi, India in 2002. Kama Ayurveda, inspired by ancient science of healing, offers you a collection of Ayurvedic treatments and natural beauty products, globally promoting the message of Ayurveda. Kama sells expensive and premium Ayurvedic products free from parabens, artificial colors, fragrances. We highly recommend visiting this store.
Ramayana Cottage Emporium is an established jewellery outlet that sells jewellery made up of silver and semi precious stones like turquoise.
There are some roadside and local jewellery vendors selling amazing designs of jewellery like Earrings, Neck pieces, Rings, Bangles etc.
Home décor items
You can buy eye-catching handcrafted home decor items like Carved Statues, Wall paintings, Flower vases and lots more. Here you will get all kinds of products to fulfill your furnishing needs. Some of the popular outlets for home decor at the GK N Block Market are
- Ratan Textiles offers you a wide range of home furnishing handicraft items.
- Apartment 9 – It is a one stop solution for all the home decor needs. Here you can buy graceful Flower vases, Table lamps, show pieces and lots more.
- Episode – This store offers you a wide variety of Gift items to choose from.
There are many vendors offering you beautiful handcrafted Jootis(belly) decorated with extensive embroidery, stitched with colorful threads. Ramayana Retail is one of the well known footwear outlets selling stunning jootis. It also offers beautiful jewellery.
What is Greater Kailash I N Block Market famous for?
It is one of the most popular markets among the Delhites as well as tourists. It is famous for its extensive choice of Clothing, Footwear and bags. You can find a wide variety of latest clothes and bags at a reasonable price in this market. Plus, its easy to hang around here. Its not very crowded and there is little hard selling.
Restaurants near the Greater Kailash I N Block Market
Greater Kailash I, N Block Market is full fledged with cozy cafes, coffee shops, salad bars, restaurants with amazing ambience.
- Café Diva
- Sidewok Restaurant
- Depot 48
- Thai House
- Shalom cafe now known as laidback cafe
- Dao Thai
- Greenr Cafe
Points to remember while going to Greater Kailash I N Block Market
- You can go there by your own vehicle as enough space for parking is available.
- It is a High end retail market, so it feels safer.
- If you are a person who doesn’t feel comfortable shopping in a crowded market, you can visit this market for a noise free experience.