Hauz Khas Village Market
Hauz khas village (HKV) market is a small but upscale market in New Delhi. It is an calm oasis in the middle of chaotic Delhi. It is located next to a 13th century water body. The market has exclusive art and clothing stores. It has great bars and cafes that over look ancient monuments.
It is a not to be missed market in Delhi
Location on Google Map
Hauz Khas Village Market, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi, Pin code – 110016
Opens at 10 AM
Closes at 7 PM (Restaurants open till 11 PM)
Opens from Monday to Saturday
Closed on Sunday
Nearest Metro station is Hauz Khas Metro Station on Yellow and Magenta line
How to get to Hauz Khas?
Hauz Khas Village Market is situated in South Delhi District. Nearest Metro station is Hauz Khas metro station on Yellow and Magenta Line. Market is at a distance of around 2 Km from the metro station, you can take an auto rickshaw from there.
Distance to the market from Indira Gandhi International Airport is around 12 Km via Rao Tularam Marg.
From New Delhi Railway Station is around 12 Km via Janpath Rd and Sri Aurobindo Marg.
From Nizamuddin Railway Station is around 10 Km via Mahatma Gandhi Marg/Ring Rd.
From Kashmeeri Gate bus stand is around 20 Km via NH 44.
Why go to Hauz Khas Village Market?
Hauz Khas Village Market is a unique marketplace in Delhi. It is upmarket. It has cafes that overlook 13th century monuments. It has bars. It has expensive art stores and faux-antique shops.
The history of this area can be learnt from our ultimate walk of hauz khas. Hauz Khas means a special lake. It is a peaceful and tranquil sight in the heart of chaotic Delhi. This market has luxurious cafes. It has stores offering you traditional handcrafted attire and trendy apparels and accessories. Art galleries providing you antique artifacts can be found in the lanes of Hauz Khas. This market is always flooded with young people. It is a major hangout destination for Delhi-ites. Hauz Khas Village Market is one of the most affluent markets in South Delhi. Most foreigners also visit Hauz khas on their trip to Delhi.
What should you buy from Hauz Khas Village Market?
Here you will see multiple shops offering you traditional apparels. You can buy beautiful traditional skirts, scarves, handpainted T-shirts etc. The prices of the products are bit high due to the location of the marketplace. Here some outlets offers you a wide collection of lehengas and Traditional Indian wear. Some of the well known stores are-
- Megha and Jigar – If you are looking to buy a bridal lehengas, this place is for you. Its collection of bridal Lehengas will make you look mesmerizing on your wedding festivities. Other than lehengas you can also buy other apparels too for various occasions. Some of its collections are velvet blouses, Embellished Dupattas etc.
- Ogaan – It is a famous designer apparel store. Here you will find Designer clothes of multiple designers under one roof. Here you will get a premium variety of Indian Fashion as well as Bridal Fashion. Some of its offerings are modern collections, contemporary collections, Indian festive collections, bridal collections etc.
Home decor items
Hauz Khas Village Market is full of quirky stores offering you stunning home furnishing items. Some stores shells antique shells from Nepal. Some of the well known stores are –
- Dhompatsang – This art store is a unique tibetan manufacturer and retailer. It offers you a variety of home decor items like beautiful cushions, stunning purses, musical drum, dream catchers, bangles, amazing metal statutes etc.
- Indian art Collection – This store is a paradise for a true bollywood fan. It sells various items like posters, tin boxes, old maps, art books, wall hangings etc related to the bollywood.
- Arts of the Earth – This outlet is well known for its myriad folk and tribal art traditions.
There are various outlets selling fascinating jewellery. You can buy alluring earrings, pretty beaded necklaces, rings, bracelets etc.
Apart from this there are various other outlets like-
- Little Goa – This store sells a wide range of smoking accessories like Hookahs (in various shapes amd sizes), ashtrays, smoking pipes etc.
- Blossom Kochhar Shop, Spalon and Tea room – This store offers a wide range of aroma products, skin care, haircare, batg salts, spa services etc under one roof.
- Yodakin- It is a unique book store with salon like ambience and soft music.
What is Hauz Khas Village Market famous for?
Hauz Khas Village Market does not only allow you to shop but you can also enjoy the greenery of the location with its ancient architectural backdrops. This market is a bliss for shopaholics. The streets of Hauz Khas Village Market is very eye catching with its amusing wall graffiti. Along with stores offering you wide range of products, there lies famous Hauz Khas Fort, Deer Park as well as Duck Lake. Hauz Khas Village Market and Hauz Khas Fort complement each other.
How old the Hauz Khas Village Market is and Who this market is named after?
Hauz which means “Lake” and Khas which means “Royal”, Hauz Khas is named after an ancient reservoir which is now a part of Hauz Khas complex. Historically it was known as Hauz-e-Alai. Hauz Khas Village Market was developed after 1960.
Restaurants near the Hauz Khas Village Market
There are never ending lanes of cafes and restaurants. These cafes and restaurants offer you lip smacking food with their jaunty ambience.
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Wow! Momos
- Chicago Pizza
- Recycle Cafe
- Garage Inc.
- Mia Bella- Romantic Kitchen and Bar
Points to remember while going to Hauz Khas Village Market?
- You can easily go there by your own conveyance as ample space for parking is available.
- The price of these products are higher than other flea markets in Delhi because of its unique location.
- There is no fear of pick pocketing.
- If you are a person who doesn’t feel comfortable shopping in a crowded market, you can visit this market as this market provides you a peaceful and calm feeling away from the hustle bustle of Delhi.