Khan Market in Delhi
Khan Market is the most popular market for expats and tourist. It is frequented by the Delhi’s elite since it is in the political centre of Delhi. Lots of politicians and rich locals live near Khan market. The most expensive neighbourhoods in Delhi like Golf Links and Jorbagh are very close to the khan market.
Khan Market in Delhi
Location on Google Map
61A, Khan Market, Rabindra Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, Pin code – 110003
Opens from Monday to Saturday
Closed on Sunday
Opens at 10am
Closes at 12am (midnight)
Nearest Metro station is Khan Market Metro Station on Violet Line
How to get to Khan Market?
Khan Market is located in the heart of Delhi. It is near India Gate. The nearest metro station is Khan Market Metro Station on Violet Line. Khan Market metro Station has 4 gates. Exit from Gate no 4 as it is the nearest exit to the market. The market is at a walking distance from the metro station.
Distance to the market from Indira Gandhi International Airport is around 14 Km via NH 48.
From the New Delhi Railway Station is around 6.5 Km via Ashoka Rd and Janpath Rd.
From Nizamuddin Railway Station is around 5 Km via Dr Zakir Hussain Marg.
From Kashmeeri Gate bus stand is around 12 Km via NH 44.
Why go to Khan Market?
Khan Market is a U-shaped market famous for high end products that may not be available everywhere. It is frequented by expats and foreigners. It is in the political centre of Delhi and lots of politicians and rich locals live nearby. The most expensive neighborhoods in Delhi like Golf Links and Jorbagh are very close to the khan market.
It is a Double storey Market. It is a popular shopping destination for tourists. Here you will find stores selling a variety of products i.e. Jewellery, Books, Kitchenware, Fabrics, Handicrafts, Groceries etc. It is one of the most visited markets by foreigners and the elite. This market gives you a glimpse of Delhi’s high society in a nutshell. The other place to see this side of Delhi is in its posh five star hotels
What should you buy from Khan market?
Khan Market has upscale designer bridal wear and wedding wear. If you don’t want to wear ready-made clothes and are looking for some customized clothes, that will not be an issue as you will find lots of tailors here who will sew your clothes within less than a week. Some of the admired Clothing stores are-
Ogaan is a famous apparel store in Khan Market. Here you will find Designer clothes of multiple designers under one roof. It is one of the best known designer stores. Here you will get a premium variety of Indian Fashion as well as Bridal Fashion.
- Ranna Gill – Ranna Gill is famous for making two major Fashion Statements each year, one in Summer and one in Winter.
- Delhi Cloth House- Delhi Cloth house is as old as Khan Market as it was started in the same year. If you are looking for finest fabrics this place will serve your needs. It gives you an exquisite Clothes shopping experience. Delhi Cloth House offers you all types of Natural Fabrics, specialized in Handmade Silk and lots more.
- Anokhi- Anokhi is one of a chain of stores that sell premium hand printed, block print shirts and ethnic Indian garments. Anokhi is also popular for its Jaipuri Block Prints.
Skin Care Products
Various outlets at Khan Market sell Natural skin care products.
- Khadi- Khadi is a popular Ayurvedic Food and Skin care outlet.
It is a skin care brand that claims to offer 100% Organic products. It is best Known for its Green Tea based items.
- Kama Ayurveda – It was founded in Delhi, India in 2002. Kama Ayurveda has sought to bring authentic beauty and wellness to the world, globally promoting the message of Ayurveda. Kama sells expensive and premium Ayurvedic products. They are very similar to Forest Essentials but cheaper. We highly recommend visiting this store.
There are many jewellery stores in Khan Market that sell designer jewellery. Amrapali is a Jewellery store that is best Known for its Silver Jewellery. Amrapali is the best stop to buy Traditional Indian Jewellery in Khan market. You will also find some street vendors selling amazing jewellery but the price is going to be high as Khan Market is a high end market.
Home Decor Items
There are various stores that sell eye- catching Handicraft items. If you are interested in art and crafts, you will definitely love Khan market and the nearby Delhi Haat Market. You can also get traditional artifacts here. The shops listed below are great for Home furnishing-
- Good Earth – It is an interior décor boutique that offers you stunning home furnishing items.It is an expensive store but worth a look.
- Hamster – It offers you a wide range of home decor items like pretty amazing pillows, lights and lots more.
Khan Market has two good bookstores –
- Faqir Chand Book Store – It is one of the well known places for all the book lovers.
- Turtle cafe and bookstore – good place for a coffee, cake and books
There are various footwear stores selling designer footwear and kinds of shoes, sandals, sneakers, Balley, Flats etc.
What is Khan Market famous for?
Khan Market is one of the classiest markets in Delhi. Almost all the Indian premium brands have a store in Khan Market. It has a good selection of shops and restaurants.
How old is Khan Market and Who this market is named after?
Khan Market was established in 1951. This market is named after freedom fighter Khan Abdul Jabbar Khan.
Restaurants near the Khan Market
Khan Market has lots of restaurants, cafés and lounges to fulfill your cravings. Khan Market’s Restaurants are well known for their interiors. Some of the Food outlets are-
- Café Turtle
- The Chatter House
- Rule The Rolls
- Mr Choy
- Pizza hut
- Yellow Brick Café
- Burger Singh
One of the famous food outlets is Khan Chacha . It is a famous landmark for all the food lovers. Khan Chacha is famous for its Chicken and Mutton Tikka Rolls, Kebab, Barbeque and lots more.
Points to remember while going to Khan Market ?
- If you are looking for a market where you can get best deals using your bargaining skills then Khan Market is not for you.
- Beware of Pickpockets.
- You can easily go there by your own vehicle as there is plenty of parking space available.
- It’s an expensive market, so keep enough cash with you.