Since it’s construction in 1952, The Claridges, New Delhi has been an iconic hotel, which is conveniently located at the heart of the city. It is a perfect blend of old world elegance and contemporary luxury amidst the Capital’s bustling life. The hotel boasts of great balance between the Indian hospitality culture and all the modern fixtures.
How To Reach The Claridges, New Delhi
Address- 12, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Rd, Tees January Road Area, Motilal Nehru Marg Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110011
All modes of transportation-cabs, buses, metros or rickshaws, are easily available. Ola and Uber are also available.
The closest metros are Lok Kalyan Marg Metro Station (on the yellow line). Here is the route to the hotel. Or Khan Market metro (on the violet line). Here is the route. Both the metro stations are within walking distance, only 500m away.
Amenities at The Claridges, New Delhi
- Outdoor swimming pool- temperature controlled
- Some rooms offer jacuzzis
- Fitness center with cardio and weight equipment
- Spa offering beauty and health services
- Multiple meeting and event spaces
- Free on-site parking
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
Food and Beverages
Ye Old Bakery
- One of the oldest bakery shops in Delhi
- Some of its signature bakes include ‘Bitter Sweet Chocolate Cake’, ‘Corn Pudding’ and freshly brewed ‘handmade coffee’
- Punjabi Cuisine
- Some signature dishes include ‘Balti Meat’, succulent ‘Butter Chicken’, ravishing ‘Tiffin Chicken’ and the sizzling ‘Kanastree Baingan’
- The decor is heavy on rustic Punjabi village vibes
- Inspired by jade, the ceremonial Chinese stone
- Chinese-Cantonese cuisine. True to its name
- Fine dining restaurant
- Multi-cuisine restaurant
- open 24*7
- Decor is based on scenes inspired from Charles Dickens novels
- Mediterranean cuisine and decor
- Extensive wine collections, winery stacked with 150 global wines
- Houses over 50 vodka brands
- Signature Specialties include ‘Classic Pierogi’, ‘From Aura with Love’ & ‘Heaven’s Sent’
- Live jazz performances
Rooms At The Claridges, New Delhi
The Superior Room
- 75 rooms; each of 280 sq. feet
- Sizable beds and comfortable sofas
- The giant glass windows face the lush green trees along the road facing the high profile diplomatic area
- Forest Essentials toiletries, Tea/Coffee maker, central air conditioning and telephone facilities etc
- USD per night
The Cabana Room
- 15 rooms of 350 sq. feet
- Rooms are illuminated by sensor-driven lights
- Ultra soft bed with a mattress having a thread count of 400, grand rosewood furniture and colossal windows.
- It also has a closet, an iron along with ironing board and an array of other facilities and amenities
- 85 USD per night
The Premiere Room
- British colonialism vibes with classic British decor
- 28 rooms of 425 sq. feet each
- Bed frills, classic white walls, antique artwork, lofty arches, and classical paintings
- leather and wood interiors.
- 131 USD per night
The Deluxe Suite
- Old school vibe
- A modest sized bed, and aesthetically pleasing ambience
- the specialty of these rooms is that each room is customized and no two rooms resemble each other.
- An array of facilities such as a mini bar, cable satellite, free wireless internet, turndown service, dry cleaning etc.
- 197 USD per night
The Claridges Suite
- Size- 1280 sq. feet
- Has 4 rooms
- The massive windows of these plush rooms are all garden facing
- The floor is Gold Spider marble, honey onyx doors, and the basins are gold plated
- The room houses a powder room, a walk in closet and a plunge bath tub.
- 301 USD per night
We have summarised all our hotel recommendations for Delhi on this page. Please take a look.
Do not forget to check out our Free Resources For Delhi
And, here a few other good neighborhoods to consider staying at in Delhi